Next version of firmware and node database (nodewatcher).
- better support for multiple projects and admins (privileges, admin interface)
- decouple/abstract image building (so that it is easy to use OpenWrt, Ubiquity or even some other custom firmware)
- move node database (nodewatcher) features to extendable plugin system and use common schema also internally
- support for UMTS and PPPoE uplink
- support for AP and client mode (for point-to-point links)
- support for AP nodes without OLSR
- support for different versions of the firmware at the same time (stable/unstable)
- use tunneldigger instead of (or in preference to) OpenVPN (which is CPU bound on many current nodes)
Ideas for the future, which we could do sooner or later (ehm, this is, when we find somebody to do it, so... feel free to volunteer!). More of them can be found here.
Milestone for firmware and node database (nodewatcher) tickets we will do but do not know when.
- support for IPv6
- remote node upgrade
- custom/matrix/cross view of nodes' data
- in-depth (with calculations) monitoring and statistics of the network and plots/visualizations of this calculations
- upgraded node map with tools
- support for multiple interfaces on the same node and multiple nodes on the same location
- support for N standard